Welcome, and well met!

I'm a fan of pen-and-paper RPG's and board games. That's what you are going to find on this site. Sometimes there might be a blurb about the Secret World MMO, my latest DMing project, or a new game that our family has picked up. The focus here is my drifting through Wisconsin's gaming communities. Links will be added as cons are visited, games are played, and authoring is published. Wander around. Grab a tankard. Relax and immerse yourself into polyhedron geekness, Wisconsin style!

Saturday, May 11, 2013

The Winner is... FUZZY HEROES!

I purchased a few FH books at Gary Con and took some time at the end of March to make PC sheets out of my 5-year-old daughter's favorite stuffed animals.

I now have a 5-year-old gaming daughter.

We have defeated the Dinner Table Mountain game. Raid across the couch was a success. The Plains of the Dinos game (parts I & II) took the whole weekend. Finally, the Racing Maze game was won! This experience has been a big success all the way around.
From an educators point of view, my daughters attention to counting pips on a dice (for 2-4 hours), taking turns, staying focused, measuring distances, and planning out order of events was pretty darned impressive. The after-effects of drawing, telling, and being helped writing stories about each game was nice to see as well.
It has fed my gaming addiction AND brought my daughter and myself together in a new way.
I'm now writing up a little chapter book for her to stick in her bookshelf. The adventures of Mew Mew and his band of Team Cat!
Gotta go, she wants to craft some new magic items (beaded necklaces and felt cloaks)...

-Dave M

No comments:

Post a Comment