Welcome, and well met!

I'm a fan of pen-and-paper RPG's and board games. That's what you are going to find on this site. Sometimes there might be a blurb about the Secret World MMO, my latest DMing project, or a new game that our family has picked up. The focus here is my drifting through Wisconsin's gaming communities. Links will be added as cons are visited, games are played, and authoring is published. Wander around. Grab a tankard. Relax and immerse yourself into polyhedron geekness, Wisconsin style!

Monday, August 8, 2011

...and so it begins

I have decided to raise the bar in my hobby of gaming. I am setting myself to the task of dipping my big 'ole toe into the authoring of publishable roll-play gaming materials.
Why?
Well, moving beyond the 'gotta do what you love' sits the keystone of 'gotta afford what you love to do'. In short; I am going to see just how much of this hobby can pay for itself, without diminishing the joy of the game.
Over the months of July and August, I submitted and re-edited the adventure Into the Valley for Ars Magica games. Its been approved and now awaits playtesting (and further tweaking). I've learned a lot over the past two months. About Style Guides. About Templates. About working with other authors.
All of it has been GREAT!
More to come later...

No comments:

Post a Comment