Welcome, and well met!

I'm a fan of pen-and-paper RPG's and board games. That's what you are going to find on this site. Sometimes there might be a blurb about the Secret World MMO, my latest DMing project, or a new game that our family has picked up. The focus here is my drifting through Wisconsin's gaming communities. Links will be added as cons are visited, games are played, and authoring is published. Wander around. Grab a tankard. Relax and immerse yourself into polyhedron geekness, Wisconsin style!

Monday, August 20, 2012

At the 25% mark...

Last week marked the first quarter of allotted time in the current ArM5 Authoring job. I'm about 60% complete with the work; although the key to writing is RE-writing. That's why I'm driving myself to get this puppy bagged and tagged by the end of August. That'll give me a full month (September due date) to fix, tweak, rebuild, and wipe out inappropriate elements after the team reviews the work.
By team, I'm talking about Line Editor David Chart and my four fellow authors...

My book and scripting co-author in crime (Jeff M) has painstakingly pried my hands away from the fantasy genre. A little bit, anyway. He's currently watching the Star Trek series (in show chronological order, not in air date order), and doing the same for the Star Wars book line. Lots of Star Wars / Trek talk these days.
As can be expected, being around SF talk brings about SF ideas. I've jotted down a concept for a three-book series of inter-related short stories. That'll be a wintertime project.
...and I'm thinking about looking into the local Gamebase 7's SPARKS RPG game group.
I've even added a link to the SPARKS game (see below).

Well, it's Monday. Back to the work of writing. The middle time period of such tasks is always the most difficult for me. It's the day-after-day routine, where the excitement of doing something new has wained and the real finesse of keeping the specific game elements 'popping' as I do the real creative writing tests my creative endurance.
I've done it before, I'm doing it now; and I'll do it again.
-Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment